How Fast Can You Say “Divorce?”
So your marriage has lost its pizzazz, huh? You thought you’d signed up for happily ever after, but what you got instead was a sink full of dirty dishes and TV seven nights a week. What now? If you take after these celebrities, the solution is pretty simple.
Calling it Quits
You’re not the first couple to discover that marriage isn’t all it’s cracked up to be! These celebs have come up with a quick and easy solution to any marital woes: Split up, of course! And for some of them, it didn’t take long to pull the plug:
- Britney Spears and hubby Jason Alexander clocked one of the shortest marriages on record, with just 55 hours of marital bliss. Yup, the couple had the whole thing annulled in just over two days.
- Not to be outdone (well, outdone a little bit) Nicolas Cage and Erika Kolke had their marriage (Cage’s fourth) annulled after just four days.
- Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman filed for an annulment after only nine days of wedded bliss, but they didn’t get around to the actual divorce for another five months. –Not sure what the delay was all about there!
- Pamela Anderson and Jon Peters were married for twelve days, although Anderson later denied having married him at all, calling the whole thing just a “bizarre lunch.” Reports, though, support the idea that a short-lived marriage did occur.
- Bora Bora was the romantic destiny wedding spot for Eddie Murphy to marry Tracey Edmonds, but the marriage wasn’t considered legal in the United States. Two weeks later the couple called it quits without ever getting hitched legally in the first place.
- Ali Landry discovered that Mario Lopez, her hubby of 18 days, had cheated on her at his bachelor party. That was all she needed to end it on the spot. Probably a good decision, Ali!
- Jeremy Thomas and Drew Barrymore’s marriage lasted just 19 days.
- What possessed Chad Johnson to marry Evelyn Lozada despite the fact that he was in a relationship with another woman throughout their engagement and marriage? Only he knows the answer to that one! Not surprisingly, the marriage lasted just a couple of months.
- Rob Hillman and LeToya Luckett’s marriage lasted just over two months, and the reasons for its collapse are unknown. That’s because their divorce agreement forbade either one to discuss the other in public.
- Rumors have it that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries got married just for the publicity– but who knows for sure? At any rate, they split after just 72 days.
- Nicolas Cage’s fifth marriage didn’t last much longer than his fourth—but 107 days is objectively some improvement!! That’s how long it took Cage and Lisa Marie Presley to call it quits.
If You’re Ready to End Your Marriage
Regardless of the length of your marriage, if you’re ready to be done, we can help. Schedule a confidential consultation with the experienced Boca Raton divorce attorneys at WiseLieberman in our office to get started today.