Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Boca Raton Divorce & Family Lawyer
Call Now for a Confidential Consultation! 561-488-7788

Category Archives: Modifications


When Can a Florida Judge Modify a Marital Settlement Agreement?

By WiseLieberman, PLLC |

Many Florida divorce cases ended in a negotiated marital settlement agreement (MSA) between the parties. A well-drafted MSA covers all areas of the couple’s separation, including the division of assets, alimony, and time-sharing with any children. Once a judge approves the MSA, it comes part of the legally binding divorce decree. Of course, it… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

What Is the Legal Burden of Proof for Modifying an Alimony or Child Support Agreement?

By WiseLieberman, PLLC |

When seeking a modification of an alimony obligation, a Florida judge will require proof that there has been a “substantial” change in the parties’ circumstances that was not expected or anticipated at the time of the original order. And with respect to alimony governed by a settlement agreement, Florida law states that the burden… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

What Happens to My Time-Sharing Plan If I Decide to Move Out of State?

By WiseLieberman, PLLC |

When a Florida court renders a final judgment regarding a child custody matter, that does not mean the parents can never seek modification of their arrangements. But nor can a parent assume a judge will simply grant any request for modification. If a parent decides to move out of Florida, for example, the judge… Read More »

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2018 - 2020 WiseLieberman, PLLC. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.